CEMCO FireRip™ is a composite steel angle incased in fire-rated drywall that provides unencumbered dynamic movement per UL-2079 5th edition. FireRip comes in 8’ lengths and 3 different sizes to provide unencumbered fire-rated joint protection for 2″, 3″, and 4″ wide joints.
- FireRip: is mechanically fastened to the overhead structure at 24″ on center through the horizontal attachment flange. The encased drywall leg is set against the finished drywall concealing the deflection gap at the head of wall.
- FireRip: provides both one- and two-hour fire ratings from a single layer profile.
- FireRip: install joining pieces in contact to each other. Visible gaps must be sealed with UL fire-rated fire sealant.
- FireRip: when properly installed, does not require any additional fire sealant or fire spray to maintain fire ratings per UL-2079.
- FireRip: can be used as a retrofit to repair damaged fire-rated fill material or to replace fire-rated fill material that was improperly installed.
- FireRip: installs over the finish layer of drywall on both sides on a standard wall and on just one side (finish drywall/non shaft side) of a shaft wall.
- FireRip: provides L-rating of less than 1CFM.
- FireRip: can be used with any UL certified deep leg or slotted leg track.
- FR2 (1-1/4″ x 2-3/4″) provides 2″ unencumber movement.
- FR3 (1-1/4″ x 3-3/4″) provides 3″ unencumber movement.
- FR4 (1-1/4″ x 4-3/4″) provides 4″ unencumber movement.